01 July, 2011

Secret Society : A Book Review

I actually read this back around the time of The Two Princesses of Bamarre, but, liek the other, it got lost in my jump drive. But here it is! Better late than never, no?

“Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true.”
       qtd. by Tom Dolby
“The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exist.”
       qtd. by Tom Dolby


This is one of those books you cannot put down! It may take a few pages but the reader learns to love (or hate) the four main characters: Pheobe, Lauren, Nick, and Patch. This is an excellent debut novel and I expect to see amazing things from him. I’m eagerly awaiting to get my hands on the sequel.
Pheobe just moved to town with her mom. She doesn’t quite fit in at Chadwick, but she’s determined to make her New York life exactly what she dreamed it to be. Lauren is a girl thrust into the life a socialite by her mother. Definite Fashionista , Lauren is positive and loves a good time, or she used to. Nick is a little rich boy who is always in the spotlight because of his family. But the spotlight comes with responsibilities, ones he may not be quite ready for. Patch is nothing like the others. He’s an aspiring film maker, but not blessed with wealth. He’d do anything for his chance to shine. These four seem to have nothing in common but their school, but they have one thing in common: The Society.
I really adored this book. Especially towards the end I refused to put it down! I grew to love and hate various characters and some of then turned out to be nothing I expected. I suggest this book to everyone! Especially if you like conspiracy, rebellion, secret society type books.


No comments:

Post a Comment